[j-nsp] Big flows up to 320 Gbs

james list jameslist72 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 06:57:26 EDT 2020

Dear experts
I have a project to connect at layer2 level 16 servers (two interfaces
each) with a total of 32 x 10Gbs server interfaces in order to setup a big
data solution.

These interfaces must have in normal conditions full L2 bandwidth available
to transmit among themselves and redundancy of switch (if there is a fault
condition 160 Gbs is enough).

Since this kind of huge bandwidth requirement could cause bottlenecks in
Datacenter Lan environment I was thinking to setup a separate lan
architecture.

I was thinking to setup a virtual chassis environment with 2 x qfx5100 with
multiple 40 Gbs interfaces to set vc ports.

Do you think it's a good architecture or what would you setup?

Cheers
James