[j-nsp] JunOS 18, ELS vs non-ELS QinQ native vlan handling.

Antti Ristimäki antti.ristimaki at csc.fi
Fri Apr 9 06:17:48 EDT 2021

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for the link, I wasn't aware of such KB article, although there are several other articles related to native-vlan handling.

The QFX5110 in question was previously running 17.3R3-S3 and there the native-vlan was indeed double-tagged on the uplink, just like the table says. But despite that the table says, at least 18.4R3-S7 sends the frames single-tagged, no matter whether or not "input-native-vlan-push" is configured.

I will try to sort this out with JTAC.

Antti