[j-nsp] Jumbo frames / mismatch MTU

Matthew Crocker matthew at corp.crocker.com
Sat Apr 24 15:58:15 EDT 2021

I set the interface MTU to 9192 and the family inet mtu to 1586 and everything is working.

I don’t think I’ll need to worry about the 1600 byte limitation for the TLS devices as the only thing that will be greater than 1500 bytes is the SAN replication traffic going between two ACX and will be encapsulated in MPLS. ‘family mpls’ on the two AXCs is 9166.   Clearly if machines on the other side of the TLS link need to talk to the SAN they will have to do so on a different SAN interface that is set to 1500

Currently the ACX 2200 are acting as the border between the QFX/TLS WAN and the local LAN in each building.  I haven’t enabled jumbo frames on the LAN side of the ACX yet as I need coordinate with the LAN manager during a maintenance window.