[j-nsp] Juniper BNG - Termination of N:1 subscribers into different RI (DEMUX)

Krasimir Avramski krasi at smartcom.bg
Thu Apr 29 12:01:00 EDT 2021

Hi,

It is possible  - basically, you should have an almost identical
configuration for aaa and dhcp server in both routing contexts.

krasi at test>show subscribers
Interface             IP Address/VLAN ID                      User Name
                 LS:RI
demux0.3221225528      1444
            default:default
demux0.3221225529     100.16.0.42                             retail
             *default:retail*

Underlying (vlan based demux) interface for the dhcp subscriber is bound to
"default:default" routing context:
krasi at test> show subscribers client-type dhcp address 100.16.0.42 detail
|match under
Underlying Interface: demux0.3221225528

while the subscriber is terminated in "default:retail" routing context (as
specified by radius).

Debug confirms the move of route context:
 Apr 29 15:38:53.798056
[MSTR][DEBUG][default:default][SVR][INET][demux0.3221225528][SID=131]
cedb_entry_rc_update_required: Client 65618 needs to be moved from INET
routing instance default:default to INET routing instance default:retail
Apr 29 15:38:53.798063
[MSTR][DEBUG][default:retail][SVR][INET][demux0.3221225528][SID=131]
cedb_entry_rc_update: Moved client 65618 from routing instance
default:default to routing instance default:retail
Apr 29 15:38:53.798068
[MSTR][DEBUG][default:retail][SVR][INET][demux0.3221225528][SID=131]
cedb_entry_rc_update: wholesale routing instance default:default number of
wholesale clients moved out : 1, retail routing instance default:retail
number of wholesale clients moved in :1

Best Regards,
Krasi