[j-nsp] DHCP server recommendation for subscribers management

Andrey Kostin ankost at podolsk.ru
Fri Aug 6 09:52:48 EDT 2021

Jerry Jones писал 2021-08-06 09:37:
> Strongly suggest having active lease query or bulk active lease query
>
> I believe kea has this support
>
> 		Jerry Jones​

Thanks for reply, Jerry.
In my understanding active leasequery can be run between routers, so
might be not needed on DHCP server, am I correct?
Interesting question what happens if we have two routers with
synchronized DHCP bindings, will be DHCP demux interfaces created on the
secondary router based on that? My guess is no, but need to test it. If
then traffic switches from primary to secondary router, will the
secondary be able to pass IP traffic right away or it will have to wait
for next DHCP packet from a client to create demux interface?

Kind regards,
Andrey