[j-nsp] SPC3 card with Minor Errors

Jan Chrillesen jan at chrillesen.dk
Mon Dec 20 14:52:54 EST 2021

On man., 20 dec. 2021, Dave Peters - Terabit Systems via juniper-nsp <juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net> wrote:

> I've got a JNP-SPC3 card running on an MX480 running 19.4R3.11, and I'm seeing FPC minor errors (details below, along with log errors on a "failed update"). Got an SCBE2 and have tried both the RE-S-X6-64G and the RE-S-1800x4-16G routing engines. Can't seem to find any way to clear those errors, or information on why they're occurring.
>

> I've cleared the config and issued the command request system enable unified-services, rebooted to have the cards come online. Edit: Looks like I may have to update the vmhost-firmware file (bolded below), which juniper seems to hide on their site. Hints?
>
> Anyone have these same issues?

A few comments from here. I would suggest you go with the latest SR
(19.4R3-S6) instead of 19.4R3 - also remember that you need to install
the package for SPC3 seperately - it's available under downloads as "New
Gen Services for 32 Bit-MX High-End Series" (yes, it's named 32-bit
despite being used on 64-bit JunOS - I think the SPC3 runs a 32 bit
Linux internally).
You don't need to upgrade the vmhost-firmware

- Jan