[j-nsp] update-threading and rib-sharding over non stop routing?

Gustavo Santos gustkiller at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 15:13:18 EST 2021

Hi,

We got another MX10003 and we are updating it before get in production.
Reading the 19.4R3 release notes, we noticed that two
features update-threading  and  rib-sharding and I really liked what it
"promises" as faster BGP updates .

But there is a catch. We can't use this new feature with non-stop routing
enabled.

The question is , are these features worth the non-stop routing loss?

Regards
"
bgp {
    ##
    ## Warning: Can't be configured together with routing-options
nonstop-routing
    ##
    rib-sharding;
    ##
    ## Warning: Update threading can't be configured together with
routing-options nonstop-routing
    ##
    update-threading;
}