[j-nsp] MX VRRP on VXLAN enviroment

Cristian Cardoso cristian.cardoso11 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 08:23:09 EDT 2021

I have a scenario here where I use EVPN-VXLAN with qfx5120 switches
and until then I was using the gateways on the switches, but as the
switch does not have the possibility to use any kind of firewall on
the irb interfaces, I had the idea to migrate the networks to two
routers MX80.
But I caught a problem with these routers, when using VRRP over VXLAN.
I configured the two MX80 routers with VRRP in IPv4 and IPv6,
sometimes IPv4 dies and the virtual IP stops responding, generating
timeout in network accesses.
Apparently it seems that the mac address of the virtual IP and the
table of mac's of the VXLAN are lost, causing the problem.
Does anyone happen to have a scenario like this and faced this problem?