[j-nsp] evpn trouble

Baldur Norddahl baldur at gigabit.dk
Tue May 11 15:24:02 EDT 2021

We have two datacenter locations each with a mx204 and a pair of acx5448.
The mx204 is used for ip transit, peering and subscriber management. The
acx5448 is for connecting servers. Remember the mx204 does not have a lot
of ports.

We also have an outside plant currently with 26 locations, each with an
acx710 and a gpon switch from another vendor. This forms a 100G / 25G MPLS
backbone with multiple rings and other complex topology. We are currently
replacing older MPLS switches from another vendor with the acx710.

Juniper managed to bring down the price of both mx204 and acx710 to a level
where we could switch from using chinese equipment. I would not say it is
exactly cheap however :-). The acx710 box is significantly cheaper than
mx204 and I do not think we could afford this project without it.

Regards,

Baldur