[j-nsp] JunOS 18, ELS vs non-ELS QinQ native vlan handling.

Antti Ristimäki antti.ristimaki at csc.fi
Wed May 19 07:26:36 EDT 2021

Hi list,

Just as a follow-up and for possible future reference, 18.4R3-S7 indeed sends the untagged customer frames with only SVLAN tag to QinQ uplink, but 18.4R3-S8 again reverts the behaviour such that those frames are sent double-tagged with both SVLAN and native-vlan. Tested with QFX5110-48S.

The hidden command "input-native-vlan-push <enable|disable>" also seems to work in S8, whereas in S7 it doesn't seem to have any impact.

Antti