[j-nsp] QFX tag stacking help please

Eric Krichbaum eric at telic.us
Fri May 21 15:18:52 EDT 2021

I have a 5110 18.1R3-S6.1 facing a trunk with a vlan coming with stacked.

Xe-0/0/46 comes in on 1079 with inner 776, 777.

I'm having a heck of a time figuring out the proper mapping to make this
work. Different docs don't seem to line up with available commands so I've
been getting nowhere on this.

I was assuming that input-vlan-map needs to pop and output-map-map needs to
push the 1079, but how do I specify 776, 777 to that sub?

flexible-vlan-tagging;

mtu 9216;

encapsulation extended-vlan-bridge;

unit 1079 {

    vlan-id 1079;

    input-vlan-map pop;

    output-vlan-map push;

}

I've got a local named vlan for 776, and 776 coming into the switch from
other sources (the easy part).  Where do I specify those vlans to hit the
port to the SP?

There will be other vlans with different inners on that port.  So for
examples sake something like:

unit 1079 {

    vlan-id 1079;

    input-vlan-map pop;

    output-vlan-map push;

}

unit 1080 {

    vlan-id 1080;

    input-vlan-map pop;

    output-vlan-map push;

}

Where 1079 has 776, 777 and 1080 may have 500-510.  Doesn't really matter
what they are as long as I can map at this stage.

Thanks in advance,

Eric