[j-nsp] DHCP server recommendation for subscribers management

Andrey Kostin ankost at podolsk.ru
Thu Sep 9 15:07:49 EDT 2021

Hi Nathan,

> You want to look in the example configs. Start from an understanding
> of what you want the RADIUS messages to have in them. You can do this
> with just a static Users file in your test environment with just one
> subscriber, and then look at moving that in to sqlippool or similar,
> with whatever logic you need to get those attributes in to the right
> place. Framed-IP-Address obviously, but maybe also Framed-IP-Netmask
> etc. - better to experiment with the attributes and get them right
> without the sqlippool complexity.
>
> https://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_sqlippool This is alright (it
> appears outdated on the surface, but is up to date I think)
> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.0.x/raddb/mods-available/sqlippool
> This is the example config and has some more detail than the above.
> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.0.x/raddb/mods-config/sql/ippool/postgresql/queries.conf
> This is useful to understand some of the internals

I started to play with sqlippool and have a couple of questions.
Does sqlippool or any other module supports IPv6? I haven't found
anything about it in the documentation.
Is ippool module used only as example for database schema? It looks like
it doesn't need to be enabled for sqlippool operation.

Kind regards,
Andrey