[j-nsp] BGP export policy, group vs neighbor level

Raph Tello telloraph at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 10:12:44 EST 2022

Hi list,

I wonder what kind of bgp group configuration would allow me to change the
import/export policy of a single neighbor without resetting the session of
this neighbor nor any other session of other neighbors. Similar to
enabling/disabling features on a single session without resetting the
sessions of others.

Let‘s say I have a bgp group IX-peers and each peer in that group has its
own import/export policy statement but all reference the same policies. Now
a single IX-peer needs a different policy which is going to change
local-pref, so I would replace the policy chain of that peer with a
different one.

Would this cause a session reset because the peer would be moved out of the
update group?

(I wonder mainly about group>peer>policy vs. group>policy vs. each peer
it‘s own group)

- Tello