[j-nsp] Opinions on Source Class Usage / Destination Class Usage (SCU/DCU)

Felix Stolba lists at parasyntax.org
Wed Jan 19 06:13:19 EST 2022

Hi list,

Anyone able to help me out with some real world experience about Junos
Source Class Usage (SCU) and Destination Class Usage (DCU)? We're
considering this feature to gain a little more flexibility with our
legacy SNMP-based traffic accounting system.

Looking for any input on the subject matter, especially:

How is it in terms of stability / interaction with other features?

How scalable is it, how hard will the performance hit be when enabling it?
Any other experience you might be willing to share?

Thanks,

Felix