[j-nsp] Tacacs command authorization not working as intended

Pierre Emeriaud petrus.lt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 10:25:11 EDT 2022

Le lun. 4 juil. 2022 à 16:18, Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> a écrit :

> I don't believe Junos has tacacs command authorization.

it has. This sorta works, I've been able to allow some commands like
'clear network-access aaa subscriber username.*' and 'monitor
traffic'. The issue I have is with 'clear pppoe sessions pp0'.

When providing 'clear' to the user I can make it work, but I also have
to forbid all other clear commands I don't want.

foo at bar> show cli authorization
Current user: 'GEN-USR-N' login: 'foo' class 'GEN-PROF-N'
Permissions:
    clear       -- Can clear learned network info
(...)
Individual command authorization:
    Allow regular expression: (clear pppoe sessions pp0.*|clear
network-access aaa subscriber username.*|monitor traffic.*)
    Deny regular expression: (request .*|file .*|save .*|clear
[a-o].*|clear [q-z].*|clear p[^p].*)

foo at bar> clear ?
Possible completions:
  network-access       Clear network-access related information
  ppp                  Clear PPP information
  pppoe                Clear PPP over Ethernet information

And one can reset all pppoe sessions while I only allowed 'pppoe
session pp0.*' :
foo at bar> clear pppoe sessions ?
Possible completions:
  <[Enter]>            Execute this command
  <interface>          Name of PPPoE logical interface

login configuration for your information:
foo at bar> show configuration system login
class GEN-PROF-N {
    idle-timeout 15;
}
user GEN-USR-N {
    full-name "TACACS centralized command authorization";
    uid 2006;
    class GEN-PROF-N;
}