[j-nsp] GRE tunnels on a QFX10002-60C

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Jun 23 17:23:16 EDT 2022

I've got an open support case with Juniper, but as it's gotten nowhere
since opening it last night, I figured I'd try some crowdsourcing :)

Does anyone have working GRE tunnels terminated to a QFX10002-60C?  We've
got a GRE tunnel mesh of several dozen sites, using a mix of Arista 7280s
and Juniper QFX5120s to terminate the tunnels.  We're trying to add a
couple of new sites to the mesh where the tunnels will live on
QFX10002-60C.  What we're seeing with the QFX10002-60C is, locally
generated traffic (i.e. ping from the QFX10002-60C to an IP reachable via
a gr-0/0/0.XX interface) works, but traffic from another device in the POP
that needs to transit a QFX10002-60C which should then route the traffic
via a gr-0/0/0.XX interface is dropped.

I'm trying to figure out if there's something special about the
QFX10002-60C that requires some config knob not needed on QFX5120 or if
GRE is just broken on the QFX10002-60C.  The QFX10002-60C are running
20.4R3.8.