[j-nsp] Collapse spine EVPN type 5 routes issue

niklas rehnberg niklas.rehnberg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 08:39:35 EST 2022

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply, I hope following very simple picture may help

                          Clients                        Clients

                              |                              |
                              |   EVPN/VXLAN    |
                              |  Overlay AS 6555 |
                          spine1 --- type 5--- spine2
     vrf WAN AS X   |                              |   vrf WAN AS X
               eBGP      |                              |   eBGP
                              |                              |
                             PE  AS Y               PE   AS Y
                              |                              |

                              ----Core Network---

route example when loop occur
show route hidden table bgp.evpn extensive

bgp.evpn.0: 156 destinations, 156 routes (153 active, 0 holddown, 3 hidden)
5:10.254.0.2:100::0::5.0.0.0::16/248 (1 entry, 0 announced)
         BGP                 /-101
                Route Distinguisher: 10.254.0.2:100
                Next hop type: Indirect, Next hop index: 0
                Address: 0x55a1fd2d2cdc
                Next-hop reference count: 108, key opaque handle: (nil),
non-key opaque handle: (nil)
                Source: 10.254.0.2
                Protocol next hop: 10.254.0.2
                Indirect next hop: 0x2 no-forward INH Session ID: 0
                State: <Hidden Int Ext Changed>
                Peer AS: 65555
                Age: 1:14       Metric2: 0
                Validation State: unverified
                Task: BGP_65555_65555.10.254.0.2
                AS path: 65263 xxx I  (Looped: 65263)
                Communities: target:10:100 encapsulation:vxlan(0x8)
router-mac:34:11:8e:16:52:b2
                Import
                Route Label: 99100
                Overlay gateway address: 0.0.0.0
                ESI 00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00
                Localpref: 100
                Router ID: 10.254.0.2
                Hidden reason: AS path loop
                Secondary Tables: WAN.evpn.0
                Indirect next hops: 1
                        Protocol next hop: 10.254.0.2
                        Indirect next hop: 0x2 no-forward INH Session ID: 0
                        Indirect path forwarding next hops: 2
                                Next hop type: Router
                                Next hop: 10.0.0.1 via et-0/0/46.1000
                                Session Id: 0