[j-nsp] proxy-arp on EVPN irb

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 08:25:16 EST 2023

Hi

It seems that proxy arp is disabled by default:
proxy-arp | Junos OS | Juniper Networks
<https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/multicast-l2/topics/ref/statement/proxy-arp-edit-interfaces.html>

Regarding proxy-arp for EVPN (arp suppression) it only works for the same
subnet, not between subnets.

So that seems to match what you're seeing that you must enable proxy-arp on
the IRB in order to reach the other subnets.

Regards
Roger