[j-nsp] Hardware configuration for cRPD as RR

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Dec 8 11:57:18 EST 2023

On Fri, 8 Dec 2023 at 18:42, Vincent Bernat via juniper-nsp
<juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net> wrote:

> On 2023-12-07 15:21, Michael Hare via juniper-nsp wrote:
> > I recognize Saku's recommendation of rib sharding is a practical one at 20M routes, I'm curious if anyone is willing to admit to using it in production and on what version of JunOS.  I admit to have not played with this in the lab yet, we are much smaller [3.5M RIB] worst case at this point.
>
> About the scale, I said routes, but they are paths. We plan to use add
> path to ensure optimal routing (ORR could be another option, but it is
> less common).

Given a sufficient count of path options, they're not really
alternatives, but you need both. Like you can't do add-path <max>, as
the clients won't scale. And you probably don't want only ORR, because
of the convergence cost of clients not having a backup option or the
lack of ECMP opportunity.

--
  ++ytti