[j-nsp] MX304 Port Layout

Thomas Bellman bellman at nsc.liu.se
Thu Jun 8 15:09:17 EDT 2023

On 2023-06-08 17:18, Kevin Shymkiw via juniper-nsp wrote:

> Along with this - I would suggest looking at Port Checker (
> https://apps.juniper.net/home/port-checker/index.html ) to make sure
> your port combinations are valid.

The port checker claims an interresting "feature": if you have
anything in port 3, then *all* the other ports in that port group
must also be occupied.  So if you use all those four ports for
e.g. 100GE, everything is fine, but if you then want to stop using
either of ports 0, 1 or 2, the configuration becomes invalid...

(And similarly for ports 5, 8 and 14 in their respective groups.)

I hope that's a bug in the port checker, not actual behaviour by
the MX304...

--
Thomas Bellman,  National Supercomputer Centre,  Linköping Univ., Sweden
"We don't understand the software, and sometimes we don't understand