[j-nsp] EVPN-VXLAN Interoperability

Cristian Cardoso cristian.cardoso11 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 29 08:28:41 EST 2024

I found the solution in the Juniper interoperability documentation
here: https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/nce/evpn-vxlan-interop-between-nxos-and-junos-os/evpn-vxlan
-interop-between-nxos-and-junos-os.pdf
Basically you have to access the evpn address family in the
configuration root of the bgp router on the nexus and set the
following configuration:
bgp router 65000
address-family l2vpn evpn
allow-vni-in-ethertag
This configuration was because Nxos does not know how to handle a
vlan-based EVPN service type where the ethernet tag is not zero.