[j-nsp] Thanks for all the fish

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 04:47:53 EST 2024

Not the first rumour of Juniper getting acquired. Last time it was Ericsson
and before that I think it was IBM or EMC, but perhaps this time it's the
real deal.

Juniper has been very successful in Enterprise with the Mist acquisition,
so I'm a bit surprised that the stock price is still stale.
Perhaps there's not enough money there or it's too little too late.

I wonder how they would merge Mist and Aruba, the top wifi players on the
market. Usually you acquire a company to fill a gap in the portfolio. But
perhaps that's primarily done for Junipers routing/dc/switching stuff then.

Yeah the ISP business is no fun, I feel like everyone secretly wishes they
can start buying Huawei again, It seems it's all about the lowest price per
100G/400G port.

/Roger