[j-nsp] Parallel BGP sessions for v6 prefixes over v4 and v6

Andrey Kostin ankost at podolsk.ru
Tue Jul 23 16:27:06 EDT 2024

Andrey Kostin via juniper-nsp писал(а) 2024-07-09 10:10:

>> [...]
>>> The problem here is that route-reflector selects a path with ipv4
>>> mapped
>>> nexthop and advertises it over ipv6 session. I'm wondering, is
>>> anybody
>>> already encountered this problem and found a solution how to make a
>>> RR
>>> to advertise paths with a correct nexthop?

For those who's interested, the working solution provided by JTAC is to
place routes received via inet6 labeled-unicast session into rib inet6.3
using rib-group. This should be done at least on route-reflectors. For
on-ramp route-reflectors additional policy assigning "no-advertise"
community to routes copied into inet6.0 is needed to not resend them to
other RR_clients via inet6 unicast session without explicit-null label.

Kind regards,
Andrey