[j-nsp] rib-sharding and NSR update

Gustavo Santos gustkiller at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 15:28:00 EDT 2024

I tried it again on JUNOS 21.4R3-S3.4 hit some bugs that crashed rpd
daemon and I gave up.

We will try it again later this year. If update threading / rib-sharding
works as expected it will be better than having non stop routing running.

Last time we had an issue caused by bgp routing update, it tooks about 50
minutes to advertise all needed routes to one of the transit providers,
because the time it takes to send full routing tables feed to remote peers.