[j-nsp] Junos EVO RE Filters

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Jun 19 01:58:01 EDT 2024

On Tue, 18 Jun 2024 at 21:23, heasley <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:

> Yes, do that, please, but that does not really address the security
> problems.  BMCs typically are not updated by their owners, s/w updates
> for them are rarely offered by the vendor, usually have limited filtering
> & security capabilities, and are difficult to manage.
>
> You have to ask for much more.

To me none of the above matters. I don't care how insecure the BMC is.
I just want a true OOB port that works when my router does not work. I
want an OOB port that won't break my router, when my OOB LAN has a
broadcast storm or some other unexpected behaviour. I want an OOB port
over which I can bootstrap factory new router.

Perfect is the enemy of done, ask for the MVP, so you might actually
get something. We've been in this RS232 world far too long, and the
ethernet option we have is even worse.

--
  ++ytti