[j-nsp] Juniper publishes Release notes as pdf

Tobias Heister lists at tobias-heister.de
Mon Mar 18 12:19:15 EDT 2024

I think the main story here is: Offer both/different versions!
Once the content is there it should be very little effort to render
multiple different outputs.

In the days of ancient past you could just convert each section/page of
the website (including Release Notes) into a PDF (documentation still
has that at most locations) or get a properly authored PDF version
which has use-cases e.g.:
- searching it
- offline availability (i have been in "offline" situations where help
apropos did not cut it, bonus points during an outage)

(Back than we even could download a full documentation PDF bundle/"CD"
in one place which again is cool to have offline or to fullfill the "we
want to have all documentation handed to us" tender knob :))

I am also not a big fan that the HTML based Release Notes have been
changed month/years ago to have clickable section per subchapter (e.g.
per feature family per platform) where it once was one bigger document.

Want to scroll trough everything new on e.g. 22.1R1 for MX?
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/release-notes/22.1/junos-release-notes-22.1r1/topics/new-features/mx-new-features-22.1r1.html
Nope, clicking dozens of times it is

Want the same for 20.4?
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/information-products/topic-collections/release-notes/20.4/topic-150554.html#jd0e7524
Just scroll (or ctrl+f)

if i want a PDF i can click the button in the top right (as long as it
is still there).

regards
Tobias