[Ndr] USVI logistics

Nicholas Harland nharland at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 21:40:00 EDT 2017

FYI

I am in in contact with a group that includes St. John search and rescue.
They have a supply chain and are already bringing in 10s of thousand pounds
of relief material.

I have told them about this effort and they will be able to provide on site
logistics and secure contacts. They have a base at STX airport.

Currently they are focused entirely on immediate relief, but once the
situation stabilizes they would love to assist.

I'll be able to provide more details this weekend as I'll be hooking up
with them when I arrive at STX delivering them additional satcom, and then
catching a ride from them to my transport over to STJ which is an 8 person
boat that is making daily trips of catered food from a St Croix restaurant.

the situation down there sucks. We can make a difference. Thank you for
this effort.

I will have some very expensive BGAN broadband when I'm down there and will
be doing as much as I can to share stories and images about just how bad it
is.

Arriving Friday. Planning on making it a short trip because I think that
after establishing comms I can do more stateside, but if needed for
anything I'll stay.