[Ndr] Transit access on the islands ...

Phillip Heller pheller at me.com
Mon Sep 11 22:04:05 EDT 2017

I had previously read that Transit access to the islands is ok (i.e., sub cables, etc).  Is that know for sure?  The more recent reports of damage and conditions are not encouraging...

It seems like the majority of the islands are in the HughesNet and SES/O3B footprints.  I started an inquiry with HughesNet today, but apparently their sales people are brain damaged as they referred me to distributors in PR, and of the few I tried, I had fast busy, endless ringing, or even dead air.

I’ll try SES/O3B tomorrow.

Of course, if we come to learn transit is available and just needs some help, these Satellite options can take a back seat.

In the mean time, if anyone here has inside contacts at either HughesNet or SES/O3B, that would be helpful.  Last resort, of course, is more BGAN gear.

—phil