[Outages-discussion] [outages] Verizon does not see the complete IPv6 backbone

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Mon Oct 5 11:50:46 EDT 2009

Larry Sheldon wrote:
> Franck Martin wrote (on "outages"):
>> http://www.rollernet.us/wordpress/2009/10/verizon-refuses-to-provide-complete-ipv6/
>

> Is there a Paul Harvey here?  It doesn't seem probable that a BigTelco
> would refuse customers willing to pay the bill.

They're not refusing me outright. The IPv4 part is fine as it should be.
I disclosed exactly what networks I was already announcing and what I
required in May, then the order got lost, my account manager and install
coordinator were "let go", I was provisioned up as static v4 only, and
the fun began.

My argument is that even if I accept Verizon's rules (and trade a /48
for a /32, or use their space) 701 is still missing a noticeable amount
of paths from ARIN, APNIC, AFRINIC, and probably RPIE.

I know the original IPv6 plan did not provide for a multihoming method
that would appear anytime this century, but enough people thought that
was dumb enough to get policies passed with their RIR, and here we are now.

~Seth