[Outages-discussion] [outages] FB down?

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Sat Apr 24 14:33:26 EDT 2010

On 4/24/2010 13:01, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> ----- jlsparks at gmail.com wrote:
>> People who get customer calls when they can't access social media?
>> </editorial>
>
> <hat type="assistant moderator">
>
> Exactly, and we've discussed this in the past.  Web service providers of
> A Certain Size become valid fodder for this list, as many of our members
> do eyeball-network support, and will get calls when their end user customers
> can't access these service.
>
> We realize that for some of you, that's not as important as INOC-DBA failures,
> but that hasn't been the entirety of the Internet for some decades now.
>
> Mail filters are pretty common these days, guys.
>
> And everyone please remember to move discussions to outages-discuss; that's
> what's it's for.
>
> <PINCH>
>
> </hat>
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra

I am continuously amazed at the people who depend on customers for their
survival disrespecting those people that they depend on.

And I'm not sure I agree with the "Certain Size" thing.  At the moment I
only have one customer, but that customer is entitled to the same
respect (and services) that one of ten thousand customers is entitled-to.

--
Somebody should have said:
A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting
the vote.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca