[Outages-discussion] Oceanic: Severed Underwater Cable Caused Outage

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Thu Jul 29 19:46:02 EDT 2010

--- jra at baylink.com wrote:
--- "Scott Weeks" <surfer at mauigateway.com> wrote:
> It's not the transpacific fibers everyone hears about.  It's just an
> interisland fiber cut on one company's network.  Though it's dramatic
> and expensive for Oceanic, I doubt folks outside Hawaii are too
> interested...  ;-)

Scott don' know us vewwy weww, do he?

No, I don't know anyone outside email as I don't get off of these rocks vewy often...  ;-)

Hell, I saw a lot of big stuff down over the years that I worked for Hawaiian Telcom (the ILEC here), but figured no one outside Hawaii cared.  The nearest significant land mass is ~2500 miles away.  This is just a dot of an oasis on a BIG blue desert.

scott