[Outages-discussion] Idea to help with the S/N on outages...

Brian Carpenter brianc at opendns.com
Wed Aug 17 14:31:14 EDT 2011

http://www.downrightnow.com/ monitors Twitter for user reports of
service problems. Seems to work alright for Hotmail, Facebook, Yahool
Mail, Foursquare, Gmail, Tumblr, Twitter, Youtube, Typepad, Blogger,
LinkedIn, LiveJournal, Netflix, Ning, Paypal and Skype. I've asked them
to add a few other services, but I haven't heard back.

--
Brian Carpenter
NOC Engineer, OpenDNS