[Outages-discussion] Idea to help with the S/N on outages...

Mike Jones mike at mikejones.in
Wed Aug 17 14:48:09 EDT 2011

On 17 August 2011 19:12, Bino Gopal <Bino.Gopal at citrix.com> wrote:
> I mean there is http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/# but I’m not sure
> how robust it is and where it checks from exactly (and it provides no way to
> get detail on what it checks and how it checks-basically there’s nothing
> showing its work) so I’m not sure how much it can be trusted…

It is currently telling me that google is down (related to the
cogent/google routing issues thread?), I would guess that the web
server hosting the site just makes a connection attempt and reports
the result. I believe that site is just designed for end users who
can't reach a site to have a simple second vantage point rather than
being a "proper" site status checker.

- Mike