[Outages-discussion] Idea to help with the S/N on outages...

Brian Carpenter brianc at opendns.com
Wed Aug 17 17:24:13 EDT 2011

Smokeping can be a  pain to setup, however, it is a great tool for
measuring latency from multiple locations around the world. I have ~16
"slave" machines around the globe reporting back to a "master" server
with latency information for work. It's great and it gives us a pretty
good feel for how our global network is performing. Feel free to ask me
questions about getting it setup, but I'm not managing it. I have enough
on my plate already. ;)

--
Brian Carpenter
NOC Engineer, OpenDNS