[Outages-discussion] [outages] Level 3 blip

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Nov 8 04:24:04 EST 2011

It's more of a sendmail & mailman issue. My patch to workaround sendmail was not applied properly to mailman. When you end up with people on broken name servers and mail servers it delays others messages unnecessarily. Instead of 500 per I use 10. I also sort by domain prior to handing to the mta to further optimize all the gmail in a single transaction.

The grey list config I will discuss with others privately, but if you see delays from that, I would be shocked.

Jared Mauch