[Outages-discussion] [outages] Gmail down (502 error)

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Mon Dec 10 20:07:33 EST 2012

On 12/10/2012 11:36 AM, Michael Loftis wrote:
> High packet loss to the "nearby" google cluster here over v4 in
> Seattle (Broadstripe/wave) all morning, including 502 errors with
> GMail.

A couple of days ago some fragment of their farm went south--my wife
from the same location apparently had no trouble but for me both the POP
server and the HTML interface would not accept logins.

No error or other messages given.

Chat help first attempt was worse than useless (laughable, actually).
Second attempt allowed as how something was broken.

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: