[Outages-discussion] FEMA, W.H. send victims to Internet

Owen, Greg gowen at litle.com
Fri Nov 2 13:40:08 EDT 2012

An interesting addendum to the discussion of cell phone battery life after a storm:

Verizon Mobile Charging Stations Locations: "Due to damage caused by Hurricane Sandy, many households and businesses from New York to West Virginia have been left without power. To assist those affected, Verizon Wireless has opened charging stations in the impacted areas. Charging wireless devices is free and open to anyone impacted by the storm. Below is a list of locations offering charging stations. This list will be updated as more locations are added." (provided by Verizon via the National Council of ISACs)

Granted, finding a charging station may be hard if you don't have a charged phone to find them.  Actual list is here:

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2012/11/device-charging-stations-hurricane-sandy.html