[Outages-discussion] [outages] Ebay dns record

Jon Radel jradel at vantage.com
Mon Oct 1 17:04:47 EDT 2012

On 10/1/12 4:23 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> When I dig +trace, I do not expect GDNS to be the first hop, and the
> end records to be the second. I'm not sure what is causing that, but
> I'm relatively sure it's something doubleplus ungood. See the two
> traces in my original posting, if it's not clear what I'm complaining
> about.
I'd expect that if the root hints file contained GDNS rather than the
actual roots.

At best I'd have mixed feelings about putting my DNS into Google's hands
to that extent, but I'm having trouble deciding what the moral
distinction between that and forwarding everything to GDNS really
is...I'll have to ponder that.

--Jon Radel
jradel at vantage.com
267-756-1014