[Outages-discussion] BGP issues on December 6th

John Barbieri tenpin784 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 12:36:06 EST 2013

Did anyone else experience BGP issues on December 6th?

I have heard that Level3 and HE.net did, but was wondering if anyone
else experienced anything, and if they could give a little bit of
insight as to what happened. I wonder if that was the cause of the
Charter outage as well? I recall saying someone was told it was a
"global BGP outage".

Seemed odd that some (big) carriers were all having issues on the same day.

Thanks,
John