[Outages-discussion] Question about cellular outages

Rusty Dekema rdekema at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 20:00:54 EDT 2013

You are correct that within each "network type" (that is to say
GSM/GPRS/EDGE, UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+, and LTE), there is only one set of
equipment per cell sector.

There is *no* handset-vendor-specific equipment at any cell site. That
simply isn't how it works.

If you have any further questions, you are more than welcome to email me
off-list (or on-list, if it seems appropriate).

Cheers,
Rusty