[Outages-discussion] Level 3 looking bad on internetpulse.com - real issue?

Michael T. Voity mvoity at uvm.edu
Tue Apr 1 09:21:27 EDT 2014

Albanie?   Really?

We have some circuits that are impacted by this fiber cut that happened
at ~1754 yesterday.   Our carrier has informed us that the cut is on a
bridge in Suffern, NY.   The cable owner had to call in 4 splice crews
as 120f  cable was mangled something nasty.   Still down as of 0917.

For what I know there are cables that ride on i87 which intelafiber owns
and there there is are Bell Canada and Level(3) cables along the CP rail
from Montreal to NYC.  This outage based on the link from ovh sounds
like the cables along the rail.

-Mike

Michael T. Voity
Network Engineer