[Outages-discussion] Issues with optimum in NY/NJ area

Dovid Bender dovid at telecurve.com
Thu Apr 9 11:54:22 EDT 2015

Hi,

Is anyone noticing issues with Optimum/CableVision in the NY/NJ area. We
have multiple customers using SIP (aka VoIP) that are having problems. They
are connecting to two separate DC's with different underlying ISP's. We see
the packets coming in malformed. For instance where it should say:
We see:
\b\000E\000ent-Length: 221

This is happening randomly to different lines in the messages and not
always the same line. I have been unable to find any pattern as to what
packets they are messing with and why.

Regards,

Dovid