[Outages-discussion] DNS server caused provincial-wide outage

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Tue May 26 11:59:46 EDT 2015

Same here, and one in a different AS.

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Wichers [mailto:billw at waveform.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 9:58 AM
To: 'Joe Abley'; 'Frank Bulk'
Cc: outages-discussion at outages.org
Subject: RE: [Outages-discussion] DNS server caused provincial-wide outage

It's pretty easy to just add a second, different server into the other "DNS
Server" box on just about any OS too.

I see so many users that only have one DNS server and that's another recipe
for disaster :-)

All we do here is run a server in each physical datacenter, all on different
subnets. Those are what we give out to our customers. Chances of all of them
being offline at the same time is vanishingly small.

  -Bill

[snip]