[Outages-discussion] [outages] Fwd: Undeliverable: Re: .org whois outage?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Sep 12 08:59:14 EDT 2016

> On Sep 12, 2016, at 8:53 AM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
>
> You appear to have forgotten to carbon Jared, so I have added him in, Jeremy, but I agree with your appraisal of the situation, and there is in fact little that can be done about it except to remove the offending addresses from the list.

I’ve removed the address from any lists.

There are some mail systems (e.g.: Microsoft is an good example) that have not always done nice bounces that mailman can process.  This depends on the vintage of the installation.

It’s always possible you will get the bounces back for a message you originate, unless we force all posts to come from the list address.

- Jared