[Outages-discussion] [outages] Pingdom alerting issues

frnkblk at iname.com frnkblk at iname.com
Wed May 3 21:51:23 EDT 2017

A post-event news story on the event:
https://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2017/05/02/telia_hiccups_cloudflare
_falls_over/?thanks=3167941#c_3167941

Frank

From: Outages [mailto:outages-bounces at outages.org] On Behalf Of Peter
Kristolaitis via Outages
Sent: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 10:37 AM
To: outages at outages.org
Subject: Re: [outages] Pingdom alerting issues

This now seems to have also affected the Pingdom control panel
(my.pingdom.com); CloudFlare seems to be unable to talk to the backend
servers and is serving up a cached page.

CloudFlare is reporting broader issues related to a single transit provider
(https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/incidents/51q3xhq8w7t8).