[Outages-discussion] External monitoring

Greg Dickinson Greg.Dickinson at bryantbank.com
Thu Sep 21 13:43:48 EDT 2017

So this isn't directly "outage" related, but if you squint really hard and look at it sideways, it might fit the standard :)

I need to monitor our phone system for the ability to dial in and out (basically, monitor our SIP trunks and related infrastructure, back to the PBX).  I envision a service that would place a call every few minutes (15 or 20) to a specified number, and if it got no answer, would send an alert.  Does anyone know of a service like this, or have an alternative way of testing this?

Greg Dickinson
Network Engineer

[cid:image001.png at 01D2DDE3.06E76B70]
234 Goodwin Crest Drive, Suite 500
Birmingham, AL  35209
Office: 205.917.2407  |  Mobile: 205.234.6427
Fax: 205.945.0515  |
greg.dickinson at bryantbank.com<mailto:greg.dickinson at bryantbank.com>  |  BryantBank.com<http://bryantbank.com/>
Unbeatable Service.  Legendary Results.
Facebook<https://facebook.com/bryantbank/>  |  Twitter<https://twitter.com/bryantbank/>

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. The message, together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, print, save, copy, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete copies.  Thank you.