[Outages-discussion] ADMIN:Code of Conduct reminder

outages virendra.rode at outages.org
Mon May 21 19:51:16 EDT 2018

Hello all,

As you may know OUTAGES list has grown and matured over several thousand
subscribers so it is very easy for a thread to have scores of posts while being
off-topic. Keeping the list on message does become a challenge when many of us
rely as a central resource for availability if not source of validation for
outages.

For some outages mailing list goes to NOC pages that helps determine root cause
for customer experience issues and cuts down on troubleshooting time. It also
helps with "the internet is broken" tickets. So sometimes it's annoying when
people are sending alot of email not particularly relating to the outage.

As many have already pointed "me too", "same here", "does this work for you" and
twenty people replying is fairly pointless. Although this concludes with the
root issues but just adds to the noise and is not a reportable outage event. You
can take post outages feedback to outages-discussion list which is meant for
post-mortem, troubleshooting and analysis and off-course venting. This effort
requires community support as opposed to governance which we ADMINS are not a
fan of.

Yes we could list annoyances but we have no good answers either. We have no
intention to turn on the moderation bit, this is a free flow listserv which is
what makes it interesting. As a reminder for all once again, kindly review FAQ &
AUP policy at, http://wiki.outages.org/index.php/Code_of_Conduct

Please DO NOT reply all to this e-mail. For further input, you can reach the
admin team at, admins at outages.org

--
regards,
admin team