[Outages-discussion] [outages] Fixing "Google Down?"

Matt Hoppes mattlists at rivervalleyinternet.net
Tue Dec 10 16:43:24 EST 2019

Subject: Instability - I2 Core Services AL2S / IP / PX

Services: IP PX AL2S

Affected: Core Services AL2S / IP / PX

of unknown origin. This is causing frequent iBGP and LSP resets at
various points across the footprint.  Network engineers are engaged
and actively investigating to isolate the source of the outage and
will provide an update as soon as the issue is better
understood. Internet2 is declaring a major incident and will share
updates on a regular cadence.

Looks like this may have been the source of what we saw.

Unfortunately until we got into full diagnostic swing, the pings to google.com started flying again.