[Outages-discussion] Outages vs Outages-Discussion

outages virendra.rode at outages.org
Tue Dec 17 11:29:14 EST 2019

I hear you but we aren't going to get free flow with outages@ notification w/
moderation bit turned on. There will be a lag even after throwing volunteers
support spread across regions. This will potentially turn into a bottleneck and
possibly lead into  questions as why e-mails are not getting through. We
experimented w/ moderation awhile back and we got hate mails for holding e-mails
even before "me too" posts with way low traffic in comparison to today.

This was due to lack of attention as volunteers have a day job. I even toyed
around w/ http://tracker.outages.org which had great potential but didn't pursue
it as it quickly became a full time volunteering job.

Yes puck (mailman) has some limitation for what we'd like. However we are
currently looking into sympa mailing list tool (Thanks to Bill Woodcock & team
from PCH for their guidance). Let's see how this pans out.

Until then we list moderators will have to take a more active role to steer
users in the right direction.

--
regards,
/vrode