[Outages-discussion] [outages] Charter Los Angeles

Calvin Ellison calvin at voxox.com
Tue Dec 24 16:40:12 EST 2019

We haven't been able to determine if our affected customers are related to
this or not. We have 3 sites experiencing intermittent loss on SIP traffic,
but ping and traceroute seem fine. All are on west.biz.rr.com. We have
multiple peers; Cogent is reaching these customers via Telia then Charter,
while Level 3 appears to be direct to socal.rr.com. We've dropped Cogent to
avoid any potential issues with that path and are waiting now to see if
that improves things. SIP-specific issues with clean ping always make me
suspect someone is playing with a network-level ALG.

Regards,

*Calvin Ellison*
Senior Voice Operations Engineer
calvin at voxox.com